The Easy Way To Healthy & Easy Recipes
You are beautiful.
Healthy diet is not meant to make you cut all your favorite food of your daily menu, and healthy food is not meant to make you live 8 or 10 years more than everybody else. Healthy food will help you maintain a healthier life style and with this we mean the following: "our normal human body will change as we age; our blood pressure, sugar level, cholesterol and others will be more sensitive and it's okay, but we have the ability to make this change happen at 60 years old or at 75. Because what we eat today will shape our tomorrow"
So, as balance is the keyword, we prepared some healthy recipes, so delicious and easy to make for you to try out, in order to balance your food intake. So there you go, here's our suggestion of delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner meals.
Do you know how every dietitian says that we should accompany our healthy eating habits with sports? Well they are right, sports (any type) helps you lose weight faster, by burning more calories, helps keeping your body in shape and lifts your spirit. But if for some reason, you can't make sport, try for example going by foot or bike to the farmers market or supermarket to get your fresh vegetables and home needs.That will do too.
Poached/Boiled egg with bread and vegetables
- 1 white mushroom (22 Calorie per 100 grams)
- 0.5 cucumber (15 calorie per 100 grams)
- 2 slices of onions (100 grams = 40 Calories)
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper, any herb of liking
- 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of plain low fat yogurt
- 1 slice of bread
- Using a mandoline slicer (see picture below) cut two thin slices of onions and half a cucumber and a mushroom. The use of mandoline is great because it's faster and cuts really thin slices and reduces the amount of food (=calories) you intake.
- Poach or Hard boil your egg, cut into thin slices using the egg slicer.
- Mix the yogurt, olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and herbs and spread on your slice of bread. (can be toasted)
- spread the yogurt on bread, put on the vegetables add some salt and pepper and enjoy.
Enjoy your breakfast with a Cup of plain black coffee ( 2 Calories per cup) or Cup of herbal tea (Zero Calories).
A big bowl of Colorful Salad (not boring) with Chicken Breasts
This salad is so delicious, that you would want to eat it everyday! As it has all that is needed from a healthy and nutritious meal. Try and you won't regret it.
The best part about it is that there is no exact recipe for it, all the vegetables included in it are of low calories and you'll be eating them raw, so play with the quantities as you like.
- Cabbage (100 grams = 25 Calorie)
- Carrots (100 grams = 41 Calorie)
- Cauliflower (100 grams = 25 Calorie)
- Iceberg Lettuce (100 grams = 13.8 Calories)
- Red Onion (100 grams = 40 Calories)
- cucumber (15 calorie per 100 grams)
Cut as much as you want from he vegetables above, our tip is to cut the cabbage and lettuce into thin slices using a knife, and then cut the rest with a mandoline. To have twice the amount of lettuce and cabbage (together) than the carrots. Have the same amount of carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers and red onion. But that's only our taste, you can try any mixture you like.
The Chicken breasts
The very first thing you wanna do is take off any excess fat from the meat. Next, add some salt, pepper, garlic powder and a tiny splash of olive oil, you can give-up the oil if you use this non stick pan. Cook the chicken and let aside.
- 4 Tbsp of Low fat Greek yogurt.
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1 tsp of Garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar ( if not available: cider vinegar, champagne vinegar or rice vinegar will do too, though they're bit mild in taste)
- 1 tsp of parmesan cheese (1Tbsp - 22 calories)
While the chicken is cooking mix all sauce ingredients and keep aside.
Cut the chicken and add to your vegetables, add the sauce mix well and sprinkle 1 Tbsp of parmesan cheese on top and enjoy with a cup of fresh Orange or Beetroot/Carrot/Celery juice.
Canned Tuna Salad
For dinner we suggest you choose between two options: The first is a fruit flavored low fat yogurt with 2 nuts of your choice and then a tea or coffee, and the second is the most delicious tuna salad, here's the recipe.
- 1 Canned Tuna (in water)
- Quarter of a red onion
- half a tomato (150 gram - 27 Calories)
- 2 Tbsp of celery (110 grams - 18 Calories)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (you can exchange it for 1 tbsp of low fat mayonnaise)
- Lemon juice (8 calories for 30 grams)
Dice the red onion, cut the tomatoes into small cubes, cut the celery into a very small pieces and mix with the finely chopped parsley, add salt, pepper and lemon juice. mix and enjoy with 1 piece of bread.
In order to keep the cut vegetables as fresh as possible for longer time, use these vegetables huggers.
If you feel hungry in between the meals, you can have a fruit or cup of flavored yogurt (low fat), low fat energy bar.
Enjoy your healthy new lifestyle, and stay tuned for more delicious recipes to come.